Showing posts with label American Crime News. Show all posts
Showing posts with label American Crime News. Show all posts

Monday, 10 June 2019

Ex-captain for the University of Florida football team arrested and charged with murder


CRIME NEWS
Ex-captain for the University of Florida football team arrested and charged with murder
 Ex-captain for the University of Florida football team arrested and charged with murder

A former captain for the University of Florida football team has been arrested and charged with murder, making him the second player from that team to be accused of murder.  

Tony Joiner, whose full name is Earl Antonio Joiner, was arrested and charged with second-degree murder on Saturday June 8th in Lake Wales, Florida, for the 2016 killing of Heyzel Obando, according to Fort Myers, Florida Police.



Police said that officers worked with the Oxygen Television series "Cold Justice" and the Office of the State Attorney to make the arrest. Obando's body was discovered in an apartment on February 14, 2016, police said.

Joiner, 33, played as a safety for Florida from 2004 to 2007 and was a key part of the 2006 national championship team. In his final season he tallied 64 tackles and was a captain of a team that included Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow and a freshman tight end named Aaron Hernandez who played for the Gators from 2007 to 2009 and went on to star for the NFL's New England Patriots, was convicted of the murder of Odin Lloyd in 2015.

 



SHARE THIS STORY

Friday, 7 June 2019

Le'Veon Bell's home robbed of $520,000 worth of jewelry and his two girlfriends are suspects in the crime


SPORTS
Le'Veon Bell's home robbed of $520,000 worth of jewelry and his two girlfriends are suspects in the crime
 Le

Le'Veon Bell is the victim of a heist and his two girlfriends are allegedly responsible for the theft.

The New York Jets running back lost custom jewelry worth $520,000. The items were stolen from his home last month and according to the official police report, his two girlfriends are the culprits.



Bell told police he returned to his Hollywood, Florida home from the gym to find his closet ransacked. He noticed that the women were gone and that some of his jewelry were missing from his jewelry case, which included two diamond gold chains, a black and white black panther pendant, and a Rolex watch.

According to CBS Sports, the robbery came almost three months after Bell signed a four-year, $52.5 million deal with the Jets that included $35 million in guaranteed money.

Police say an investigation into the alleged robbery is ongoing.



SHARE THIS STORY

Wednesday, 5 June 2019

Florida police deputy, Scot Patterson arrested and charged with 'child neglect' after staying outside during the 2018 Parkland school shooting


CRIME NEWS
Florida police deputy, Scot Patterson arrested and charged with 'child neglect' after staying outside during the 2018 Parkland school shooting
 Florida police deputy, Scot Patterson arrested and charged with
The Florida police deputy who failed to confront a gunman during last year's Parkland massacre has been arrested on 11 charges.

Scot Peterson, 56, faces child neglect, culpable negligence and perjury charges, State Attorney Mike Satz said in the announcement.

Peterson who was then a Broward County deputy, was on duty during the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School but never went inside. Satz said the charges carry a combined prison sentence of nearly 100 years. Peterson's bail was set at $102,000.



Once released, Peterson will be required to wear a GPS monitor and surrender his passport, and will be prohibited from possessing a firearm, the prosecutor said.

The killier, Nikolas Cruz, 20, faces the death penalty if convicted of killing 17 people and wounding 17 others in the attack. He has offered to plead guilty in return for a life sentence, but prosecutors have refused that offer.



SHARE THIS STORY

Saturday, 1 June 2019

Update: Remains found in trash bag during search for Maleah Davis after her stepdad confessed to 'killing her by accident’


CRIME NEWS
Update: Remains found in trash bag during search for Maleah Davis after her stepdad confessed to 'killing her by accident’
Update: Remains found in trash bag during search for Maleah Davis after her stepdad confessed to
Authorities in Houston believe the remains of a child found in southwest Arkansas on Friday may belong to 4-year-old Maleah Davis who went missing one month ago.

"Do we believe that it's possibly her? Yes. But can we confirm it right now? No," Houston Police Executive Assistant Chief Troy Finner told reporters. "If it's not Maleah, it's somebody's child," he said.

The discovery comes after her stepfather, Derion Vence, 26, confessed to accidentally killing her and dumping her where they found the remains of a child.



Earlier on Friday, suspect Derion Vence confessed to Quanell X, a community activist who was representing the victim's mother, Brittany Bowens. He said he killed Maleah before dumping her body in Arkansas.
"One thing he wanted to make clear to me was (that) what happened to Maleah was an accident, he says it was an accident. And he confessed to me where he dumped the body," Houston community activist Quanell X told CNN affiliate KTRK.

Update: Remains found in trash bag during search for Maleah Davis after her stepdad confessed to

"He said he pulled over in Arkansas, got out of the car, walked to the side of the road, and dumped the body off the road," said Quanell, who used to represent the girl's mother.

After Houston police detectives along with a search and rescue team headed to Arkansas to began searching near Hope, a town about 30 miles northeast of the Texas-Arkansas border. They spotted a garbage bag emitting a foul odor along Interstate 30 near Hope. The remains of a child were inside the bag, Hempstead County Sheriff James Singleton told CNN affiliate KTAL.

"It might be Maleah but we can't be certain," Houston Police Cmdr. Michael Skillern told reporters.



The remains have been flown to Texas where it will undergo forensic testing to determine the identity.

Vence, 26, has been charged with tampering with evidence in connection with the case. He was engaged to Brittany Bowens, Maleah's mother, and was taking care of Maleah and his son when she went missing on May 4. Vence is currently in custody. 

If convicted of tampering, he faces between two and 20 years in prison.



SHARE THIS STORY

Monday, 13 May 2019

Chris Attoh's murdered wife, Bettie, was still legally married to her drug lord husband - US police says

ENTERTAINMENT
Chris Attoh's murdered wife, Bettie, was still legally married to her drug lord husband - US police says
  Chris Attoh's murdered wife, Bettie, was still legally married to her drug lord husband - US police says

Investigations by the Greeneblt Police Depart has revealed that Bettie Jenifer, the wife of Ghanaian Actor, Chris Attoh, who was shot dead while leaving her office on Friday, May 10th, was married to two men, one of whom is a notorious drug lord currently serving a 20-year jail term.

According to the police, Bettie was still legally married to 47-year-old Kedrick Jenifer, who is currently serving a 20-year prison sentence for importing large amounts of cocaine into Baltimore from Texas. Kedrick ran a drug trafficking organization that distributed at least 450kg of cocaine in Baltimore and Woodbridge, Virginia.



The drug lord and Bettie were not divorced before she went on to marry Chris in a ceremony that happened in October last year. The police says Kedrick filed for a divorce on April 9th this year. Bettie Jenifer then filed for divorce six days later.  

Police have not named a suspect or motive in the case. 



PLEASE SHARE THIS STORY

You May Like To Read This