Showing posts with label Antonio Conte. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Antonio Conte. Show all posts

Monday, 2 April 2018

EPL: Conte Is Tired Of Chelsea, Can't Wait To Leave - Vialli

SPORTS NEWS
EPL: Conte Is Tired Of Chelsea, Can't Wait To Leave - Vialli
Former Chelsea manager and a friend to the current head coach, Gianluca Vialli, has claimed that Antonio Conte “can’t wait to leave” the club.
According to Vialli, his compatriot had become disillusioned with a lack of influence over the club’s transfer policy.
Chelsea and Conte are widely expected to part ways at the end of this season, amid escalating public tensions with the club hierarchy that date back to last summer’s troubled transfer window.
Vialli is confident that Conte will be hot in demand when he leaves Stamford Bridge, claiming his exit was certain after Sunday’s 3-1 home defeat to Tottenham Hotspur.
“Conte can’t wait to leave Chelsea.
“He can’t stand that they sell or buy players without consulting him. The truth is, Chelsea would like a manager who is more of a club man,” Vialli told Sky Sport Italia in his role as a pundit on the match

Please Share This Post

Friday, 30 March 2018

EPL: Chelsea Boss, Conte Reveals Morata's State Ahead Of Tottenham Clash

SPORTS NEWS
EPL: Chelsea Boss, Conte Reveals Morata's State Ahead Of Tottenham Clash
 
Chelsea manager, Antonio Conte says striker Alvaro Morata will play an important role in the final stretch of the English Premier League, EPL.
He also said Morata now has the chance to boost his call up for Spain’s squad for the World Cup this year.
Chelsea hosts Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday. Yeah
Morata scored the last of his 10 league goals in this campaign in December as Chelsea beat Brighton and Hove Albion 2-0.
The 25-year-old was left out of Julen Lopetegui’s Spain squad for last week’s international friendlies against Germany and Argentina, but Conte said Morata had used the time during his enforced break to raise the level of his game.
“He has been working very well, and he needed to work hard. Now he is really fit and is ready to have an important end to the season for Chelsea,” Reuters quoted Conte as saying on Thursday.
A win for fifth-placed Chelsea in Sunday’s London derby will take them to 59 points, two points behind Tottenham in fourth.
The defending champions are looking to overtake Mauricio Pochettino’s side and seal a top-four finish that will ensure Champions League action next season.
Chelsea are also in the semifinals of the FA Cup where they take on Southampton and Conte is aware of the need to ensure a strong finish to a difficult season.
“These are our targets. Sunday is an important game because if we win we go very close – otherwise we continue to stay not so close and with seven games to go it will be difficult to take a place in the Champions League.”
Goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois could miss the game after picking up a hamstring injury on international duty with Belgium while defender David Luiz is still battling a knee injury.

Please Share This Post

Sunday, 25 March 2018

EPL: Chelsea Boss, Conte Provides Goalkeeper, Courtois Injury Update

SPORTS NEWS
EPL: Chelsea Boss, Conte Provides Goalkeeper, Courtois Injury Update
Chelsea manager, Antonio Conte has provided updates on goalkeeper, Thibaut Courtois’s injury.
Courtois last played for Chelsea in their 3-0 defeat against Barcelona in the Champions League.
The goalkeeper was absent from the Blue’s 2-1 FA Cup win at Leicester City last Sunday.
Speaking with BBC, Conte said “It will be difficult because Courtois is injured”.
He added: “He has a muscular problem”.
“And don’t forget Caballero has played every game in his absent and has played very well. I trust him”.
Courtois, who is still struggling with a hamstring injury, may miss out on Belgium’s international friendly game against Saudi Arabia on Tuesday.
Chelsea will be hoping Courtois is fit to return to action against Tottenham next weekend.

Please Share This Post

Wednesday, 14 March 2018

Champions League: Conte Plans To Stop Barcelona Starts Giroud, Team Details


SPORTS NEWS
Champions League: Conte Plans To Stop Barcelona Starts Giroud, Team Details
Chelsea manager, Antonio Conte, is set to start Olivier Giroud against Barcelona in the second leg of their Champions League round of 16 tie at the Nou Camp on Wednesday night.
The Italian has come under criticism for fielding Eden Hazard as a false nine in recent big matches and is ready to take a brave decision.
Conte however admits that it will still be a difficult game for the Blues, after the first leg ended 1-1.
“I think that every single player playing this type of game against Barcelona at Camp Nou must be excited to play this type of game.
“We know the difficulty we can face tomorrow. But if you want to go through to the next round, we must stay in the game in every moment,” he told a press conference on Tuesday in Spain.
Giroud is expected to spearhead the attack, flanked by Hazard and Willian who scored at Stamford Bridge and also hit the post twice.
PROBABLE TEAMS
BARCELONA Ter Stegen; Roberto, Pique, Umtiti, Alba; Busquets, Paulinho, Rakitic, Iniesta; Suarez, Messi.
CHELSEA Courtois; Moses, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger, Alonso; Kante, Fabregas; Willian, Hazard, Giroud.

Please Share This Post

Saturday, 10 March 2018

EPL: Chelsea Coach, Conte Blasts His Players For Criticizing His Tactics


SPORTS NEWS


EPL: Chelsea Coach, Conte Blasts His Players For Criticizing His Tactics
Chelsea manager, Antonio Conte, has warned his players that they may regret criticizing his tactics publicly.
Conte, speaking on Friday ahead of their Premier League clash against Crystal Palace, recalls how he was ‘killed’ for slamming his Juventus coach during his playing days.
Following the Blues’ 1-0 defeat at Manchester City, Eden Hazard claimed he could have played for three hours and not touched the ball .
Conte refused to confirm whether he had spoken to Hazard, but did say he once regretted comments he made under his Juve boss, Marcello Lippi.
“I did this when I was a player. We played a game, a massive game against Parma when they were first and we were second. We won 3-1. After the game, there was an international break. During the break I did an interview.
“The journalists asked me if I was happy with the team and this important win. My stupid answer was, ‘We are winning, but I’m not happy because I’m not enjoying the role the coach decided to give me’.
“When I came back to Turin, it was a meeting with Lippi and all the players, and he killed me.
“He killed me in a bad way, not in a soft or kind way. In front of the players.
“He told me it was a lack of respect for my team-mates, first of all, and then for him, the club and the fans. He killed me.
“After training, the club called me. They killed me another time, gave me a big, big fine. And then, in the next game, I didn’t play. I was on the bench against Piacenza.”

Please Share This Post

Friday, 2 March 2018

Chelsea Set To Appoint Former Player Lampard As Coach

BREAKING NEWS


Chelsea Set To Appoint Former Player Lampard As Coach


Chelsea reportedly want former midfielder, Frank Lampard, to join the coaching staff when Antonio Conte leaves Stamford Bridge.

Conte is widely expected to depart at the end of this season, after the Blues failed to replicate the form they showed in their title-winning campaign last season.

Chelsea sit fifth on the table, two points behind fourth-placed Tottenham who occupy the last Champions League spot.

According to The Sun, the club’s hierarchy want Conte’s replacement to include Lampard in his backroom staff.

Lampard has spent the last 18 months studying for his UEFA ‘A’ coaching license, with a view to making the transition from the pitch to the dugout.

The 39-year-old has also worked with former teammate and Chelsea Under-18s boss Jody Morris at Cobham recently.

Please Share This Post

You May Like To Read This