Showing posts with label Fire Outbreak. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Fire Outbreak. Show all posts

Wednesday, 1 May 2019

Ondo fire outbreak: Govt. blames Chevron over oil field inferno

BREAKING NEWS
Ondo fire outbreak: Govt. blames Chevron over oil field inferno
Following the recent fire outbreak at the Oju Imole oil field in Ilaje Local Government Area of Ondo State, the state government has charged the operator of the field, Chevron Nigeria Limited to prioritize the safety of lives and properties of the community.
Speaking while receiving a delegation from the company in his office in Akure, the state capital, the state Deputy Governor, Hon. Agboola Ajayi called on Chevron to deplore all necessary resources to ensure the fire was put out on time and forestall future occurrence of such incidence.
While stressing the importance of the riverine community to the economy of the state, Hon. Ajayi said the company should urgently focus on making the place safe for residents as they do not have any other home, adding that the oil deposits in their community should be a source of blessing to them and not a source of worry.
The leader of Chevron delegation, Mr. Brikinns Esimaje said the company was doing everything possible to put out the fire as well as address both the immediate and remote causes of the inferno.
Esimaje said the visit would allow them to work with the government to ensure the safety of the host community.
“The reason for coming here is to really have a face to face discussion with government and to update His Excellency on the incidence,” he said.
Earlier in his remarks, the state commissioner for Environment, Mr. Funso Esan said since the news of the inferno at Oju Imole oil field broke out during Easter holidays, government had being working hard to ensure safety of residents.
He said the meeting with Chevron would allow government iron out certain issues on safe operation of the company in the state.
PLEASE SHARE!

Sunday, 8 April 2018

Trump Tower Fire Left One Dead, US President Speaks

BREAKING NEWS
Trump Tower Fire Left One Dead, US President Speaks
One person was killed and four firefighters were injured on Saturday evening when fire broke out at Trump Tower in New York.
First responders reportedly performed Cardiopulmonary resuscitation on one person, and he was rushed to St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital, where he later died.
The four firefighters also suffered smoke inhalation in the blaze, but were expected to recover.
The Fire Department of New York (FDNY) tweeted that the fire at Trump Tower had been upgraded to a Category 4 alarm fire from a Category 3 fire alarm.
FDNY Commissioner Daniel Nigro tweeted at about 8 p.m.: “We found fire on the 50th floor of the building. The apartment was entirely on fire.
“Members pushed in heroically, they were knocking down the fire and found one occupant of the apartment who is in critical condition.
“This was a very difficult fire. As you can imagine, the apartment is quite large, we are 50 stories up.
“The rest of the building had a considerable amount of smoke. 200 Firefighters and EMS – emergency medical services – members are on scene.
“We had many floors to search, and stairways, and right now the only civilian injury is to the occupant of that apartment. There are four Firefighters with non-life-threatening injuries.
“The fire is still not considered to be under control because of the smoke conditions on all the floors above.”
President Donald Trump, his wife Melania and son Barron were not in the New York apartment this weekend, where he maintains a three-story penthouse residence.
Trump tweeted at 6:42 p.m. that the fire was under control, as he boasted about the building’s construction.
“Fire at Trump Tower is out. Very confined (well built building). Firemen (and women) did a great job. THANK YOU!” Trump wrote.

Please Share This Post

You May Like To Read This