Showing posts with label Chibok missing girls. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Chibok missing girls. Show all posts

Wednesday, 15 May 2019

Leah Sharibu: Buhari govt under attack for ensuring release of Muslim girls, allowing Christian girl to suffer

NEWS
Leah Sharibu: Buhari govt under attack for ensuring release of Muslim girls, allowing Christian girl to suffer
  Leah Sharibu: Buhari govt under attack for ensuring release of Muslim girls, allowing Christian girl to suffer

President Muhammadu Buhari and the security forces have been urged to borrow a leaf from Britain on how it coordinated the search eleven years running of the then 4-year-old Madeleine Mccann and adopt same method in search of Christian teenager, Miss. Leah Sharibu.

McCann, born 12 May, 2003 disappeared on the evening of 3 May, 2007 from her bed in a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, a resort in the Algarve region of Portugal. Her whereabouts, however, remain unknown till date.

This call was made by the Human Rights Writers Association of Nigeria, HURIWA in observation of the 16th birthday anniversary of the Yobe State born Christian teenager.

Leah was abducted by Boko Haram terrorists alongside her Moslem colleagues, who were all released on the intervention of the Federal Government.

HURIWA challenged the Nigerian government to publish the records of how much it has spent so far in the rescue efforts.

The association said it was shameful that whereas Nigeria pretends to be practicing constitutional democracy with transparency and accountability as the key principles, it has failed to render public account of the financial commitments it has made in the rescue of the hundreds of girls abducted by the armed Islamists of Boko Haram terrorists.



Wondering why Nigerian government do not copy the positive examples of Great Britain which periodically publishes public expenses on such cases including the subsisting case of the then little Madeleine McCann, who disappeared in Portugal about eleven years ago, HURIWA regretted that the Nigerian government does not even seem to be making any concrete effort to free Leah Sharibu and the remaining Chibok girls.

HURIWA recalled that in Great Britain, detectives have been granted more money to continue the search for Madeleine McCann, nearing 11 years since her disappearance while on holiday with her family in Portugal.

The statement recalled that so far more than £11.75m has been spent on the UK’s investigation, named Operation Grange.

HURIWA recalled that British Government’s funding has been agreed every six months, with £154,000 being granted from October last year until the end of March 2019 just as it is thought the latest round of funding will be as much as £150,000.

The group also accused the religious leaders of the Christian Association of Nigeria of doing next to nothing to ensure that the Nigerian Government fulfills its obligations to guarantee security of life of the then 14-year-old Christian girl whose reason for continuous detention by the terrorists is that she is a Christian.



HURIWA’s statement signed by Emmanuel Onwubiko, added, “As citizens with equal rights and responsibilities, we demand that President Muhammadu Buhari should direct the security forces to publish the financial details of what government has committed in the efforts to rescue the Chibok and Dapchi school girls kidnapped by the Boko Haram terrorists. Great Britain does same whenever citizens are missing.”




SHARE THIS STORY

Sunday, 25 March 2018

Chibok Missing Girls: These Are What Obasanjo Told The Chibok Girls' Parents

BREAKING NEWS
Chibok Missing Girls: These Are What Obasanjo Told The Chibok Girls' Parents
Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, on Saturday received some of the parents of the abducted Chibok girls, who are still kept in an undisclosed location by suspected Boko Haram terrorists.
The girls were abducted from the Government Secondary School in Chibok, Bornu State, in July 2014.
The Chibok parents included 17 women and 13 men. They met with Obasanjo in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital and pleaded with him to prevail on the Federal Government and the international community to expedite action towards freeing their 112 daughters still in Boko haram captivity.
In response, Obasanjo quoted bible passages to encourage the parents and reminded them that God has a purpose for everything.
“I want to share with you some of my own thought about the sovereignty of God and what he can do. He is all knowing, powerful and can do anything.
“I want to share some passages in the bible. Some of the passages in the bible have similar passages in the Holy Qur’an. (John 16vs 33). I have told you this that you may have peace and confidence in me, but in the world, you will have tribulations, trials and distress, and be undaunted for I have overcome the world.
“That is our Lord Jesus talking to his disciples and all of us who are Christians are Jesus disciples. Jesus did not say we will not have Tribulations in the world, he said we will have tribulations, trials and distress. Our faith will be tested.
“Whatever God allows to happen, he allows it for a good purpose, to test our faith and it is in testing of our faith that our character is shaped and strengthened.
“I understand how you feel now, I understand your pain and your anguish, God never does evil whatever happens to strengthen and make us perfect,” he said.

Please Share This Post

You May Like To Read This