Showing posts with label Boko Haram Attack On School. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Boko Haram Attack On School. Show all posts

Wednesday, 15 May 2019

Leah Sharibu: Buhari govt under attack for ensuring release of Muslim girls, allowing Christian girl to suffer

NEWS
Leah Sharibu: Buhari govt under attack for ensuring release of Muslim girls, allowing Christian girl to suffer
  Leah Sharibu: Buhari govt under attack for ensuring release of Muslim girls, allowing Christian girl to suffer

President Muhammadu Buhari and the security forces have been urged to borrow a leaf from Britain on how it coordinated the search eleven years running of the then 4-year-old Madeleine Mccann and adopt same method in search of Christian teenager, Miss. Leah Sharibu.

McCann, born 12 May, 2003 disappeared on the evening of 3 May, 2007 from her bed in a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, a resort in the Algarve region of Portugal. Her whereabouts, however, remain unknown till date.

This call was made by the Human Rights Writers Association of Nigeria, HURIWA in observation of the 16th birthday anniversary of the Yobe State born Christian teenager.

Leah was abducted by Boko Haram terrorists alongside her Moslem colleagues, who were all released on the intervention of the Federal Government.

HURIWA challenged the Nigerian government to publish the records of how much it has spent so far in the rescue efforts.

The association said it was shameful that whereas Nigeria pretends to be practicing constitutional democracy with transparency and accountability as the key principles, it has failed to render public account of the financial commitments it has made in the rescue of the hundreds of girls abducted by the armed Islamists of Boko Haram terrorists.



Wondering why Nigerian government do not copy the positive examples of Great Britain which periodically publishes public expenses on such cases including the subsisting case of the then little Madeleine McCann, who disappeared in Portugal about eleven years ago, HURIWA regretted that the Nigerian government does not even seem to be making any concrete effort to free Leah Sharibu and the remaining Chibok girls.

HURIWA recalled that in Great Britain, detectives have been granted more money to continue the search for Madeleine McCann, nearing 11 years since her disappearance while on holiday with her family in Portugal.

The statement recalled that so far more than £11.75m has been spent on the UK’s investigation, named Operation Grange.

HURIWA recalled that British Government’s funding has been agreed every six months, with £154,000 being granted from October last year until the end of March 2019 just as it is thought the latest round of funding will be as much as £150,000.

The group also accused the religious leaders of the Christian Association of Nigeria of doing next to nothing to ensure that the Nigerian Government fulfills its obligations to guarantee security of life of the then 14-year-old Christian girl whose reason for continuous detention by the terrorists is that she is a Christian.



HURIWA’s statement signed by Emmanuel Onwubiko, added, “As citizens with equal rights and responsibilities, we demand that President Muhammadu Buhari should direct the security forces to publish the financial details of what government has committed in the efforts to rescue the Chibok and Dapchi school girls kidnapped by the Boko Haram terrorists. Great Britain does same whenever citizens are missing.”




SHARE THIS STORY

Thursday, 29 March 2018

Dapchi Schoolgirls: Yobe Students Fumes At The School Attacks By Boko Haram

BREAKING NEWS
Dapchi Schoolgirls: Yobe Students Fumes At The School Attacks By Boko Haram
 
The National Union of Yobe State Students (NUYOSS) has called on the federal government to stop the attacks on educational institutions in the state.
The President of the Union, Comrade Hassan Musa El-badawi, told a press conference yesterday in Damaturu, that attacks on Yobe schools since the beginning of insurgency had claimed the lives of over 100 students in five schools.
He said, “We remember in sorrow our brothers and sisters who lost their lives tragically as a result of continuous attacks by the Boko Haram militants in FGC Buni-Yadi, College of Agric Gujba, GGSS Mamudo, GGSS Damaturu and GGSTC Dapchi. The recent Dapchi attack saga has further reawakened us that if adequate measures are not taken, more schools can be attacked.
He said NUYOSS was making it clear that Dapchi attack should be the last and effort must be intensified for the return of “our sister Leah Sharibu who is still in the hand of Boko Haram.”
He commended President Muhammadu Buhari and Governor Ibrahim Gaidam for their efforts in securing the release of the abducted schoolgirls but urged them to deploy more security personnel to protect all the schools across the state.

Please Share This Post

You May Like To Read This