Tuesday 28 July 2020

Esther Chizaram Ngele: Life [Poem]

LIFE

Life the Ebenezer of all human,

The ultimate; without which I am considered dead

The beautifier; the teacher

I must be on her good side

The good life, the holy grail.

Oh the things I took for granted;

Now I must pay for. 

How old I get to be considered unfortunate.

Forbes cannot look my way, I’m way past the glory

 

I mourn depression in silence, so that I fit into the good life.

“Be grateful for life” says the sermon,

How time fly’s, but how fast we burn out

We begin with high hopes, from high expectations.

The end, the misery, the regret

“It’s no big deal, figure it out” life.

And if we are Lucky, the loved ones on our bed side…

We thrive, until we strive

We knock on every door 

Like we are running out of breath, the doors slammed to our faces

‘Not good enough’ so we don’t win an award

But when they smile at us,

We must worship.

In obeisance to their every bidding until we hear it again;

‘Not good enough’

 

Swinging back and forth on a pendulum,

I tick away

Life oh life

The ones we create, the ones they made,

They ones we lost, they ones that lost

We were here

It is what it is

Legality we were taught, believe in the religion.

We are not too young to die

“Just fit in” it is the title.

But I say, it is on your terms

Live for you

You’re the cost!

 

We’re the good life

Not sexuality and certainly not doctrine!

We are here, lets live before we die.

We are grateful but we want more

The fulfilment may never come,

But still I breathe.

The good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, keep reading our news and articles

You May Like To Read This