Showing posts with label Communal Crisis. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Communal Crisis. Show all posts

Wednesday, 14 March 2018

BREAKING NEWS Fresh Ebonyi Communal Clash Leaves Dozens Dead, Many Sacked From Their Homes, Scores Of Houses Razed Down


BREAKING NEWS
Fresh Ebonyi Communal Clash Leaves Dozens Dead, Many Sacked From Their Homes, Scores Of Houses Razed Down
Over five thousand indigenes of Ikwo Local government area of Ebonyi State were on Tuesday reportedly sacked from their community following a fresh communal war that ensued between the people of Inyimagu and Akpaomaka communities.
It was gathered that over one hundred and five houses was totally razed at Akpaomaka community by youths of Inyimagu community who went on reprisals following the killing of one of their youth leaders, one late Sunday Nwoseuzor.
NAIJA VOICE learnt that the crisis started on 7th March, 2018 which resulted to the killing of at least 3 persons, including Nwoseuzor who was a youth leader of Inyimagu.
Meanwhile, another 2 persons were also killed and thrown inside a burning house at Akpaomaka community by some youths who invaded the area and were shooting sporadically.
Responding to the ugly development, the governor of Ebonyi state Chief David Umahi who visited the warring communities to monitor the level of destruction threatened that he will order for immediate arrest and imprisonment of all the leaders of the affected communities, if the crisis happened again.
“The killing of Inyimagu person first, sparked up the crisis. Why did Inyamagu people invade akpaomaka village and sacked them and took away their farm lands?” He queried.
Umahi further charged the commissioner of Police, Mr. Titus Lamorde to use maximum force and arrest all his political appointees who were alleged to have hands in the crisis.
“Commissioner, I want you to use maximum force and arrest any political appointee who may have hands in this crisis.
“If this crisis happens again, I will call the inspector general of police to come here and arrest whoever that is involved and take them to Abuja. I will tag it a treasonable offence,” he vowed.
The governor also threatened to sack the coordinator of Ikwo east development centre, Mr. Eso Udogu who was accused of sponsoring the burning of the houses and killing of people at Akpaomaka community.
Earlier in a remark, the chairman of Ikwo Local government area, Mr. John Nnabo said “no single house is left at akpaomaka community. I alerted the deputy governor Barr. Kelechi Igwe that what I saw is so bad and I don’t know what may happen in the next hour.
“Some people were burnt inside their house. I don’t know why our people see themselves as enemies. Your Excellency, we ask you to please do something to help us so that peace will return to the two communities,” he said.

Please Share This Post

Friday, 9 March 2018

BREAKING NEWS Commotion In Osun As Rival Cults Clash Leaving 2 Dead and Many Injured


BREAKING NEWS


Commotion In Osun As Rival Cults Clash Leaving 2 Dead and Many Injured
 
Two persons have been reported killed in Esa Oke, in the Obokun Local Government Area of Osun State on Thursday after two rival cult groups, Aloe and Aye confraternities clashed.
It was gathered that the melee started after a dispute between two members of the rival groups over a woman.
A female student of the Osun State College of Technology told newsmen that some members of the Alora group had attacked the Aye cult where they were making merry.
The reprisal attack reportedly led to the death of two person, just as other cult members reportedly sustained varying degrees of injury.
She said, “The fight was caused by a woman. Members of the Alora cult were, however, the aggressors; the Aye boys only fought back. Two students died and their corpses were taken to the mortuary of a hospital in Ilesa.”
The Public Relations Officer of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Mr. Babawale Afolabi, said one person was killed, while the other was seriously injured.
He said trouble started when a cult group was initiating members of its new executive on Wednesday.
Afolabi noted that the heavy presence of security operatives in the town prevented the clash from escalating.

Please Share This Post

Wednesday, 28 February 2018

Atiku Condemns Kaduna Killings, Tells Buhari To Take Actions

BREAKING NEWS

Atiku Condemns Kaduna Killings, Tells Buhari To Take Actions

Former vice-president, Atiku Abubakar, has condemned the crisis in Kaduna State.

Atiku, writing on his Twitter page, called for the arrest and prosecution of “criminal elements” causing trouble in communities.
“The crisis in Kaduna is condemnable. But prompt arrest and diligent prosecution of criminal elements fomenting trouble in our communities will give confidence to Nigerians and discourage those who may want to thread the path of criminality,” he tweeted.
The Kaduna State Police Command on Monday, said it had arrested 10 suspects over Kasuwan Magani mayhem in Kajuru Local Government Area in Kaduna State.
The Command’s Public Relations Officer, Muhktar Aliyu, disclosed that seven people were killed and 15 injured during the crisis.
Aliyu added that normalcy had returned in the area.
According to him, the command received a distress call in the morning hours of February 26 that there was tension in the area.


Source Naija Voice
Please Share This Post

You May Like To Read This